6 WAYS TO GET RID OF BLACKHEADS ON YOUR NOSE
It’s not the best kinda morning when you wake up to an ugly blackhead right in the middle of your nose. Of course, this is when you make way for added damage—squeeze it hoping to say goodbye to that unsightly spot only to make matters worse. Have you ever wondered what a blackhead essentially is? Well, blackheads are a kind of acne characterised by small blemishes that look like black dots. These are open dots and when exposed to air, the debris inside your follicle gets oxidized. So why do they make a regular occurrence on your skin? Blame it on dead skin buildup or the fact that you missed out on a scrubbing session for one too many weeks. But worry not as we have some easy-peasy solutions to banishing these blackheads. Read on to find out…
- Cleanse thoroughly and regularly Environmental aggressors and the sun can easily cause dull skin and dead skin buildup. This is when you need a face wash that puts up a strong fight against pollution like the Pond’s Pure White Anti Pollution Face Wash. Along with reducing blemishes, this product works towards revealing a radiant and flawless complexion. Make sure you cleanse your face twice a day with this face wash if you truly want to fight blackheads, especially on your nose.
- Make scrubbing a part of your skin care regime Yes, you’re cleansing, toning and moisturising but that’s not enough. Exfoliating your skin is just as necessary when following a skin care routine. Not only will this buff away the dead skin but this will also dissuade any future bacteria from settling into your skin and taking the form of blackheads. We suggest relying on the St.Ives Fresh Face Apricot Scrub because this one has the power to remove excess oil and dirt from the skin. It contains apricot that heals, soothes, protects and energises your skin. It’s also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin E—all of which leave your skin glowing and hydrated.
- Try facial steaming When you steam your face, you basically allow your skin to soften and the blackheads to come out naturally. All you have to do is boil water in a pan and put a few drops of lemon juice in it. Drape a towel over your head and take the steam in. If your blackheads aren’t too stubborn, they should come out while you wash your face with a mild face wash after the steaming session.
- Apply a nutmeg and milk mix on your skin How do nutmed and milk aid in removing blackheads from your nose, you wonder? Well, the lactic acid in milk will soften the blackhead while nutmeg contains granules that will help exfoliate your skin and banish those unsightly blackheads. Mix an adequate quantity of nutmeg with one tablespoon of milk and gently scrub your face with this mix. Wash your face with lukewarm water after scrubbing.
- Use a facial brush When your skin is prone to blackheads, incorporating a facial brush into your routine might be a good idea since this will not only exfoliate your skin but also help loosen the blackheads from your nose. Use this twice a week in order to remove the existing blackheads and to keep future ones at bay.
- Try an egg white mask An egg white mask will pull out the blackheads as well as shrink pores—a major concern if your skin is prone to blackheads and acne. Apply a thin layer of egg white on your nose and let it stay for about 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Apply this twice a week to your skin because egg whites control the sebum production in your skin—one of the prime causes behind blackheads.
Please continue the article on next page