7 exercises to Lose the Bat Wings
Summer is fast approaching. The season brings arm-baring tank tops and bathing suits. When it comes to weight gain, it’s common to carry excess weight in different parts of the body, including the thighs, abdomen, and arms.
Excess weight in the arms and back can cause the dreaded bat wing appearance and may lead to poor body image and self-esteem.
You can’t spot-treat fat loss, but improving muscle tone in the upper body can help create a tight and toned appearance. Combined with proper diet and regular exercise, these seven exercises are a great start to getting the tank top arms you desire.
If you’re looking to tone your arms, aim for lower weights and higher repetitions. Include cardiovascular exercise like brisk walking or high-intensity training to help decrease fat around the muscles.
1. Pulley triceps extension
- Stand facing an overhead pulley with a rope attachment attached.
- Place your hands on the end of the rope, palms facing each other.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, and core engaged.
- Start with your elbows beside your hips, bent at 90 degrees, and extend your arms down toward the floor until they are straight.
- Squeeze into the back of the arms at the end of the movement.
- Repeat 10-15 times. Perform 3 sets.
Please continue the article on next page