How to Strengthen Flabby Skin After Losing Weight
Perhaps you’ve recently lost weight or had a baby, and have noticed more sagging skin on your body than you’d like to see. While it’s not possible to actually tighten skin with exercise, experts have revealed it is possible to build metabolically active, lean muscle underneath the skin, which can help give the appearance of tighter skin. In this article, we have put together some moves that will help you achieve this effect:
1. Bicep curl to overhead press
How to do:
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Curl the weights in front of your shoulders with palms facing the ceiling. Immediately press weights overhead with the palms facing forward.
- Lower back down with control. Perform 15 reps.
2. Reverse Lunges
- Stand with your feet together, arms by your sides, holding dumbbells.
- Take a wide step back with your left foot and lower into a lunge, bending both knees about 90 degrees – try to bring your right thigh parallel to the floor.
- Keep your torso upright. Step the left foot forward, and return to standing with both feet together. Do 20 alternating reps.
How to do:
- Begin in a full plank with your abs engaged. Keep your hands slightly wider than shoulder width and keep your feet together.
- Bend your elbows out to the sides, and lower your body toward the floor.
- Avoid letting your lower back sag, and try to line up the midline of your chest between your thumbs as you lower and lift.
- Do up to 15 reps with good form.
Please continue the article on next page